Media Center Policies
- Books may be checked out for 2 weeks.
- 4 books, one of which may be a magazine, may be checked out at a time. However, we reserve the right to change that policy if a student develops a habit of not returning or caring for books.
- Overdue books need to be returned AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Remember, someone may be waiting for the overdue book(s).
- Talk with Mrs. Kitta if you need additional books for an assignment.
- Please remember that selection of a library book is a free choice. Our school has students with a wide range of maturity levels, life experiences, and interests. We want YOU to enjoy whatever YOU check out. If you or your parents are not comfortable with a book you check out, then please bring it back and make another selection. We have a large selection of books for you to enjoy!
- We have a reservation system in place. If you want more information about how to reserve a book, see Mrs. Kitta or Mrs. Dean. When the book comes in, we will bring it to your Language Arts or Prime Time Teacher
The EMS library carefully selects books and resources to enhance the collection. Books and resources are selected based on reviews and recommendations from School Library Journal, Kirkus, Booklist, and publisher information. The library also seeks student input when adding books to the library collection. The EMS library serves students ages 10-14, and therefore has a diverse collection to appeal to a variety of ages and maturity levels.
But most importantly:
- Help each other.
- Be respectful.
- Treat books kindly.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Choose books carefully.
- Always bring your books back.
- Ask lots of questions.
- Say PLEASE & THANK YOU.
- Work hard.
- Have fun.
- READ, READ, READ!